Note: This page talks about a project that is confirmed to be no longer worked on/or is discontinued, however the article will be kept for historical purposes, You're still free to add whatever you know about the site here, no false stuff please.
SubRocks was a social media project created by bhief. SubRocks was an attempt at recreating the YouTube 2012 Layout. It previously used the 2009 layout. Development started on June 25th, 2021 as a result of FulpTube being shut down and it was released on July 7th, 2021. SubRocks would use ngrok tunnels for testing versions before it got released. On August 24, 2021, a video showcasing a prototype of the 2010 version was made. Unfortunately, when it was 75% done, bhief built a new PC and was unable to finish development, so the 2010 version was cancelled. A video showcasing a 2012 prototype was uploaded to SubRocks on September 16, 2021. On November 19, 2021, SubRocks finally got the 2012 layout. On November 22, 2021, bhief made a poll asking if he should make 2013, the majority of the community agreeing. So bhief decided to work on 2013. Unfortunately, SubRocks was not going to receive updates until winter break. On November 10, 2021, bhief made a new poll asking which version he should work on. The most votes received were 2011. So, bhief started working on 2011. On December 17, SubRocks and its associated Discord server ended up shutting down. SubRocks only lived for 163 days. (launch day and death day)
- 2012: This was the default version of SubRocks.
- 2009: Old SubRocks layout, replaced by 2012. This can no longer be accessed. You will have to set up the dockerized source code if you want to use it.
- 2010 (cancelled): bhief had built a new PC. Unfortunately, the 2010 layout was stored on the old computer and could not be retrieved. It was about 75% done before it got cancelled.
- 2013: We are getting 2013. You can view 2013 here: (DEAD LINK) https://subrock.rocks/2013/. Not everything is done, only the homepage is finished. The shutdown caused this to end development.
- 2011: A GitHub repository containing the 2011 source code appeared: https://github.com/the-real-sumsome/subrocks-2011 . The code is probably not production-ready, as it is an obscure prototype. Surprisingly, there was a poll on which version bhief should host and 2011 won. The shutdown caused 2011 to end development as well.